Create engaged learners with this back to school read aloud book companion. Practice rhymes, characters, setting and sequencing with The Little School Bus.
We have created this low prep read aloud activity for you to save time each week! Print your book's lesson plans, anchor chart headers, anchor chart pieces, student literacy response sheets and your skill assessment in a snap. You can also project the vocabulary and the building background photographs to your students on your whiteboard. You do need to purchase The Little School Bus, separately. (Book not included)
The focus for the book is to introduce the characters and setting in the story plus rhymes and sequencing. You can create anchor charts to cover both these topics. We provide a sort for rhyming pairs. You can also use the optional headers for author, character, setting and illustrator.
- The Little School Bus Lesson Plans for 1 Week
- Appetizer Photo (Introduces theme and topic)
- 4 Days of Student Response Pages
- The Little School Bus sequencing or retelling Craft
- Rhymes/Does Not Rhyme Anchor Chart Pieces
- Anchor Chart Headers (Title of Book, Author, Illustrator, Setting, Characters)
- Interactive Notebook Components
- Skill Assessment for the Story